The BIG3, the highly-anticipated 3-on-3 professional basketball league, will host its inaugural season championship game at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Aug. 26.
Fans across the country finally can see some of their favorite players up close and in person again. Whether with family or friends, this electrifying new league will take centerstage all season long and create a one-of-a-kind live experience and appointment television every week.
The Player Captains and Coaches of each team have been announced:
- 3’s Company: Captains Player/Coach Allen Iverson and DerMarr Johnson
- Three-Headed Monsters: Captains Rashard Lewis and Jason Williams, Coach Gary Payton
- Killer 3s: Captains Chauncey Billups and Stephen Jackson, Player/Coach Charles Oakley
- Ghost Ballers: Captains Mike Bibby and Ricky Davis, Coach George Gervin
- Trilogy: Captains Kenyon Martin and Al Harrington, Coach Rick Mahorn
- Tri-State: Captains Jermaine O’Neal and Bonzi Wells, Coach Julius ‘Dr. J’ Erving
- Power: Corey Maggette and Cuttino Mobley, Coach Clyde Drexler
- Ball Hogs: Brian Scalabrine, PLAYER X, Coach Rick Barry
More than 70 former NBA stars have signed on to compete for the remaining 24 spots on the BIG3’s 8 teams. Players currently eligible for the 2017 BIG3 draft and vying for the remaining roster spots include: Latrell Sprewell, Steve Francis, Kendall Gill, Keith Bogans, Isaiah ‘J.R.’ Rider, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Marcus Banks, Earl Boykins, Derrick Byars, Josh Childress, Brian Cook, Ndudi Ebi, Reggie Evans, Donte Greene, Shane Heal, Larry Hughes, Mike James, Ivan Johnson, Jumaine Jones, Voshon Lenard, Rashad McCants, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Lawrence Moten, Ronald Murray, Lee Nailon, Andre Owens, Smush Parker, Jamario Moon, Ruben Patterson, Eddie Robinson, Xavier Silas, Joe Smith, DeShawn Stevenson, Mike Sweetney, Etan Thomas, Hakim Warrick, and James White.
Featuring professional basketball’s first four-point shot, BIG3 games will be packed with highly skilled, intensely competitive matchups in the world’s most popular form of basketball – 3-on-3. The winning team will be the first to score 60 points. BIG3 games highlight the biggest basketball superstars competing at the highest competitive level. The league structure encourages this incredibly, competitive group of players to vie for a revenue share based on final league standings.
Click here for more details:
Event subject to change without notice.